Adieu!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Shopping and Seine

Yesterday we started our outing by going shopping. We visited Galeries Lafayette - an indoor mall that houses many, many stores. The girls had a wondeful time but you might need to transfer some money into their accounts because damage was done!

After eating dinner at FIAP we met at 8:00 p.m. to make our way to the Seine for a river cruise. What a wonderful evening! Throughout our trip there was commentary that pointed out and explained the sights we were seeing. The evening was crisp and cool and as we were passing by Notre Dame , the sun was setting and "Ave Maria" was playing over the speakers. It brought tears to my ears. Throughout the river cruise the girls had a great time waving at all passerby boats and insisting that everyone wave back. I heard from all the girls that they really enjoyed this tour.

Tommorrow we are headed to Montmartre and to visit Sacre Coeur (Sacred Heart church). Montmartre is also an art district with street artists, full of paintings and other Paris mementos.

I have to say that I'm not sure if I'm having more fun because I'm experiencing Paris or if I'm just enjoying seeing the girls have so much fun. They are a great group and all get along so well. It is truly my pleasure to accompany them on this adventure.

Hope all of you are enjoying the blog. I will try to continue to post as often as I can. Until later . . . au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment